Sony launches its new camera, the a9 in the Indian market. The a9 features a 24.2 MP Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ X processor and front end LSI. The new camera offers high-speed, blackoutfree continuous shooting at up to 20fps, 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second and a maximum shutter speed of up to 1/32,000 second. It features 35mm full-frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor which enables data speed processing at up to 20x faster than previous Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras. The sensitivity ranges from ISO 100-51200, expandable to ISO 50-204800. It is equipped with a 5-axis in-body image stabilization system with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage. The a9 offers an Ethernet port (wired LAN terminal), that allows the user to conveniently transfer files to a specified FTP server at high speeds. It is powered by Sony battery (model NP-FZ100) with 2.2x the capacity of previous Sony full-frame models and support of 4K (3840x2160p) video recording. Additionally, the camera can record Full HD at 120fps at up to 100Mbps, which allows footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking. Dimensions of the new a9 are 126.9 x 95.6 x 63.0mm and it weighs about 586g (body only) The a9 is available at all Sony centres and retails outlets for INR 329,990 (body only).
Shutterfly is known as one of the world’s largest online retailer and manufacturer, providing image publishing services. HP Inc. recently announced that it has signed a five-year deal with Shutterfly, who has named HP as its preferred digital press provider. Last year, around the same time, Shutterfly had acquired a first phase of 25 HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses, making its combined order the largest deal by far for HP Indigo. This five-year deal marks the biggest ever competitive win for HP Indigo, with Shutterfly’s decision to make HP its preferred digital press provider and replace presses from an existing vendor. Shutterfly has announced that it will use its new fleet of digital presses to produce a range of high-quality, personalized products and gifts including photo books, calendars, custom stationery, cards and keepsakes. The 29-inch format HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press will enable the production of these products through offset matching digital colour with true photo quality, high productivity, and wide versatility on an unmatched range of media including synthetic, metalized and canvas applications. Sharing his thoughts on the coveted deal, President of Imaging & Printing Business, HP Inc - Enrique Lores said, “We are seeing an incredible renaissance in digital printing. People click on what they like, but print what they love. The power of HP’s digital print technologies opens new markets, applications and possibilities for our top customers like Shutterfly”.
Japan's leading printer and photocopier maker Konica Minolta Inc. announced at the company will be acquiring Ambry Genetic Corp. - a US diagnostic company, in a deal valued at up to USD 1 billion. This is one of the largest deals for Konica Minolta and the company will jointly carry out the acquisition with the funds provided by Innovation Network Corp of Japan. Konica Minolta, which has a market value of around $4 billion, will account for 60 percent of the investment and the Innovation Network Corp of Japan (INCJ) will provide for the remaining 40 percent. Both the companies intend to enter into the precision medicine segment which is expected to have a great potential for the treatment of cancer. KMI has its own diagnostic technique, utilising a High Sensitive Tissue Testing (HSTT) technology, while Ambry excels in genetic tests for breast, colon and cancers, heart and respiratory diseases, etc. Further, the company will combine its HSTT technology and Ambry's genetic diagnostic technology to offer high-standard cancer diagnostic services and aid the development of new reagents which will help produce new medicines. Talking about the acquisition, Shoei Yamana - Chief Executive Officer of Konica Minolta Inc., said, “Together with Ambry, we will have the most comprehensive set of diagnostic technologies for mapping an individual's genetic and biochemical makeup." The companies expect to complete the necessary procedure for the deal by the end of October, 2017 and post which, Ambry will become a subsidiary of KMI while Ambry's business will be continued in the US.